Invitation to participate in NPEA Hong Kong & China Familiarisation Visit 25 Aug – 2 Sept 2010
Natural Products Expo Asia is the leading event across Asia for health and sustainability products in all categories, including food (natural, organic and specialty), supplements, herbs, health & beauty, natural living, ingredients and more. Organized by New Hope Natural Media (www.newhope.com), the show includes extensive networking events, a high quality educational program and a tradeshow floor with manufacturers, branded ingredient suppliers, technology companies and service providers. The event attracts exhibitors and attendees from every sector of the natural products industry.
You are invited to participate in Natural Products Expo Asia (NPEA) in Hong Kong and a Familiarisation Trade Mission in China, 25 August – 2 September, 2010.
There are several opportunities for participating in NPEA in Hong Kong – exhibit in the NZ Pavilion; attend Nutracon with a 20% discount; visit NPEA and use the NZ stand as a base; and/or have your company’s products/services promoted in the NZ stand.
The Familiarisation visit to China is a great opportunity to add on if you plan to attend or exhibit at NPEA, or can be attended separately if you do not plan to attend NPEA.
NPNZ members receive a 10% discount on exhibition costs at NPEA. Details about exhibiting at NPEA are attached.
Some members may have received information on exhibiting at NPEA directly from Penton in Hong Kong. Please note that the discount has been negotiated since Penton’s first contacts were made with you regarding the 2010 show. Please disregard any previous pricing and refer to the attached information.
Full details of the NPEA and China Familiarisation opportunities are below. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Does your Company want to have a stand at the Natural Products Expo Asia in Hong Kong this August?
Does your Company want to be represented on the NZ stand with brochures and samples at Natural Products Expo Asia in Hong Kong?
Do you want to attend and use the NZ stand as your base?
Do you want the opportunity to visit China on a market familiarisation visit?
If the answer is YES to any of the above see below for the details of an exciting opportunity.
The following is a tentative outline of a suggested itinerary for companies who wish to attend the show either as an exhibitor or a visitor and then visit 3 markets in China as a group. It is important to note that this visit is a familiarisation visit only; NZTE will not be setting up appointments with potential partners.
Early August: Possible group workshop in Auckland in preparation for the Hong Kong and China trip – dependant on numbers
Hong Kong & Natural Products Expo Asia:
- Arrive Hong Kong
- Organised retail visit of natural health and skincare outlets in Hong Kong
- Touchdown dinner
- Natural Products Expo Asia – opportunity for NZ companies to exhibit, or have a brochure display
- Nutracon Workshops (26-27 August) (highly recommended). Also includes networking lunches on both days
- Attend the Penton networking cocktail event as a group on 26 August
- Possible networking event at NZ Focus or Meet the Buyer session on NZ Pavilion
China Market Familiarisation visit:
- am: Organised group travel across boarder to Shenzhen with an organised natural health and skincare retail tour
- pm: Travel to Guangzhou
- Overnight in Guangzhou
- am: Organised natural health and skincare retail tour
- pm: flight to Shanghai
- Possible factory tour in the afternoon or organised natural health and skincare retail tour
- Half-day workshop covering mode of entry, distribution and regulatory held at NZ Central including lunch
- Afternoon organised natural health and skincare retail tour or factory tour
- Visit to Expo with VIP passes
- Lunch at NZ Pavilion – with possibility of NZ companies inviting guests (but only known Chinese partners)
- Farewell Dinner
- Flight back to NZ
What do companies need to do?
- If you wish to exhibit, please see and action the attached document which outlines the opportunity for New Zealand companies, and also complete the fax-back form. Clients of NZTE and NPNZ and CTFA members receive a 10% discount on stand space at the show.
- If you wish to display your company or product brochures and/or product samples in the manned NZ stand, for the nominal cost of $250 +GST for NPNZ/CTFA members or $400 +GST for non-members please complete the fax-back form. Promotional space is for brochures in either A4 or A5 in size and there is a limited opportunity to include product samples in the display.
- If you are attending the Natural Products Expo Asia as a delegate rather than an exhibitor you are welcome to use the NZ stand as your base for the show, please also complete the fax-back form. If you wish to display brochures and/or samples you will need to pay for this service, as above.
- If you wish to participate in the China familiarisation visit, please complete the fax-back form.
- If you are interested in a workshop ahead of the trip, please indicate this on the fax-back form.
What will you need to commit?
- Time – Your time in leveraging this opportunity and to accurately and promptly respond to NZTE information requests to ensure we can maximise leveraging for your business at this event. We would also value your feedback after the show and reporting of any successes as a result of participating in this programme.
- Travel/Accommodation/Meals/Registration Costs in Hong Kong – You will be responsible for your transportation, accommodation and meals for the duration of the programme. Show registration costs if applicable to you will be at your own cost. We can look at group accommodation options so everyone is in the same hotel, but will require credit card details to do this. Please indicate if you would like this option considered. The more that opt to have NZTE help with accommodation, the better the discount we can negotiate.
- Travel/Accommodation/Meals Costs in China – NZTE will arrange and book all the logistics (except obtaining visas) during the visit to China. However, you will be responsible for the actual cost of this. The following is an approximate budget for the China visit:
- Accommodation in Guangzhou (1 night): $250
- Accommodation in Shanghai (3 nights): $750
- Flight Guangzhou to Shanghai: $400
- Transportation: $100
- Meals / daily allowance – 5 days @ $150: $750
- Expo ticket: $ 40
- Visa – Single entry fee: $140
Information about obtaining your visa can be found on the Chinese Embassy website: http://www.chinaembassy.org.nz/eng/lsqz/prcd/. NZTE will not be able to obtain your visas, you must do this yourself however NZTE in China will provide a letter for this purpose.
- Please complete the Fax Back form and return to NZTE no later than Friday 18th June
- Look at your visa requirements and check your passport is valid!
Note – As a delegation we will receive 20% discount on the Nutracon registration fee. There will be two full-day workshops run in parallel each day on 26 & 27 Aug (this makes a total of four tracks). A networking lunch is part of each workshop programme, so companies that register for any workshop on 26th are entitled to attend lunch on that day, while companies that register for any workshop on 27th are entitled to attend lunch on that day, plus they can attend the welcome cocktail function on 26 Aug. Interested companies can register online. Penton will provide a promo code so that companies can get the 20% discount.
The four tracks at Nutracon are: dietary supplement workshop, cosmetics regulatory workshop, organic business workshop, and functional food & beverage workshop. These workshops will explore global trends while being mainland China and Hong Kong focused. It is highly recommended that any participating New Zealand companies attend.
If you have any queries about this please do not hesitate to contact:
NZTE: either Fiona Murray (09 354 9151) or Jo McEvoy (09 354 9189)
NPNZ: Michelle Palmer (03 577 8676)
CTFA: John Banks (021 921 117)